Re: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

Chris Harwood wrote:
My left-bar non-starting issue was an open-circuit earth return that
stopped the clutch switch (starter interlock) and horn button from
operating. That in no way takes out the lights or dims them. There was
another reported issue with ignition switch wiring that I have not
experienced.
HTH
Chris Harwood
00 RS
My experience (2003 ST) was very similar to Chris's. Broken wire coming from the clutch interlock switch. The bike was under warranty at the time, so I took it to the dealer. They ended up fixing it the exact same way I would have, by splicing the broken wire back into the system (apparently they couldn't order the correct wiring harness or some garbage like that...).

The point to this is that the clutch switch doesn't affect the lights, just the starter circuit. So if you lose lights, its probably not that wire.

Dan