Re: [St] Where did I go today?

David,
Some of the Garmin units allow you to save a track log to your PC. Some have a large track log (2820 & zumo) and some don't (2610). I have a 2820 and use a utility to convert the log for viewing on Google maps (see http://www.pangloss.com/maps/LakeJacomo072906.html). I just did a 1500 mile ride from Chicago up the east side of Lake Michigan to Sault Ste Marie, down the east side of Lake Huron and back to Chicago. The log had 9100 points, which is within the 10k points the 2820 can hold and way past the 1k points that my old 2610 can hold. So, it depends on the type of trips you normally make as to whether the GPS logs can do what you want.

Rob

99 Sprint ST
04 Thruxton

David Jonas wrote:
I think that's really cool (the SPOT thing).  And the ride looks really
nice.  I've got to get back to the Pacific NW.

I've been considering a small GPS system myself, and I've been wondering if
there are any with a record function like SPOT.  I've been down several
awesome roads and have forgotten how I got there.  Obviously, I got back,
though.

Anyway, I now know my search is in vain.

David