Re: [St] '08 vs 2000 Sprint ST

Joel Ashman wrote:
Hey Derek....

Having had the same 'crisis of faith', I finally resolved on this solution.
First.  $1000 is far less than $12,000 for an ST1300 or FJR1300.  Second,
you don't put enough annual miles to warrant that kind of bike.  Third, a
new seat and bar risers, and maybe a different windscreen will make your
trusted bike exactly what you want.  (See the $1000 < $12,000 statement
above).

I gotta agree. As I move toward more touring I found putting the Genmars on last year helped, and it may be time to redo the seat foam but I think it's a keeper. Sure, I'd like to have the 1050 motor but I don't think I'd like that 1000cc+ insurance rate. And I really don't like the new bags since they can't fit a helmet and more...

It's amazing what a valve adjustment, throttle body sync, new plugs and an air filter do for the ol' gal! Now if I could just stop picking up big nails in every time I put a new rear tire on I'd be set!

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\