[St] 12 - 24- 36k Service cost

Walt, here is what I did at all intervals:

1.           Check/adjust battery electrolyte level  - Me = N/C

2.           Inspect for fuel system leaks or deterioration - Me = N/C

3.           Renew fuel filter - Shop = $40.00

4.           Inspect cooling system - Me + N/C

5.           Inspect for oil leaks - Me = N/C

6.           Inspect throttle cable/adjust - Me = N/C

7.           Inspect brake pads - Me = N/C

8.           Check/adjust clutch cable - Me = N/C

9.           Renew air cleaner element - Shop = $47.95 for a K&N.

10.          Inspect wheels for damage - Me = N/C

11.          Inspect tires - Me = N/C

12.          Change oil/oil filter - Me = N/C except oil and filter.

13.          Adjust plugs - Shop, 3 new plugs $8.85.

14.          Check/adjust valve clearances - Shop $360 labor for all plus 2
shims at $6.40 each so far.

15.          Inspect drive chain for wear and adjust - Me = N/C

16.          Lube drive chain - Me = N/C except Chain Wax that last a year.

17.          Lube rear wheel bearings - Not done yet.

18.          Inspect steering head bearings - Me = N/C

19.          Check steering operation - Me = N/C

20.          Inspect forks - Me = N/C

21.          Lube headstock bearings - Me = N/C except grease I've had for
years.

22.          Renew fork oil - Me = $14.50.

23.          Check/adjust throttle body synch - Shop in labor above.

24.          Download latest tune (has tune for off road pipe already) -
Shop in labor above.

25.          Reset stepper position - Shop in labor above.

26.          Inspect all fixings/retorque as needed - Me and shop in labor
above.

27.          Reassemble and road test - Shop and then me = N/C.

28.          Renew all brake pressure and dust seals - Not yet.

29.          Renew brake fluid - Me as I flush system each year.

30.          Renew coolant (changed two years ago) - Shop $19.90 and labor
in above.

31.          Lube swinging arm bushings (3-year schedule so I'm two lubes
behind) - Not yet.

32.          Renew all brake hoses (four year schedule) - Not yet.

Total $489.50 at 12, 24, and 36k. Not too bad I think.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"