Re: [St] FW: Trip report, NH to TX. Part 2 of 2

I'm sorry to say there wasn't much to report on the last leg of this crazy
trip.  Little Rock Ar-Kansas to The Colony Texas was pretty uneventful,
other than checking the rear tire at every stop for imminent signs of
failure.  The roads were straight and flat (yawn), although I did finally
find the right buttons to display the altitude, Todd.  :0)

I did stop at the AR/TX line, in Texarkana, for some BBQ for lunch.  Yum!

I started the new job in Richardson and after two days of commuting to work,
steel belts can be see peeking through parts of the center of the tread.
Yikes!

Took it easy the next two days, because other modes of transport weren't
readily available to me, and had a new Pilot Road 2 spooned on while I
waited this morning, for not too much more than mail order. $172.99 for the
tire, a bit more for the mount and balance.

I will admit that after the sales guy suggested the road hazard plan, due to
all the construction and resulting debris around Dallas, I thought about it.
Then when he wanted to show me his Pilot Road 2 rear on his GSXR 600, guess
what we found?  Quite a bit of tread depth remaining after 5000 miles...and
a nail.  So, I went with the road hazard.  :0)

Jack Hays and his wife Billie have been as, or in some cases more,
hospitable than family, taking me in here in The Colony.  Hoping to have
some Ozark Mountain ride reports in the near future for y'all!

Cheers,
"Texas" J