Re: [St] Spyder

At 09:09 AM 11/15/2008, you wrote:
One thing that's being forgotten is that since the Spyder doesn't fall down at stop lights, it opens up opportunities for others that can't ride.

Three weeks ago I came across a guy and his wife with one. As he was getting off, I noticed he was undoing a velcro strap near his right ankle. Turns out he had an artificial leg. Spyders could also appeal to older riders and open up the roads to people that ride snowmobiles but aren't bikers.

I don't see me trading in my Sprint, or any other two wheeler for it, but I can see the appeal.

Pete

Having brought three crippled riders back to riding, I can bet that all three would tell you that The spyder is not a bike.
On guy is just in his 40's and is paralyzed in the legs, he rides a customized sprint 1050 st that I did some of the work on,(part of why I signed up here).

Another is a vet, that came back from dessert storm I without most of his left leg, He just bought a 08 Honda VFR, after getting fed up with an old cb automatic and some mobility companies outrigger system. He has the group of us that built Darren's bike's stands working on a package for his bike. Mostly we are just copying the system on the Sprint, but he wants a few different things.

The last one is a gal that was a state cop before she got shot in the right arm doing a traffic stop on the turnpike. She lost the arm at the elbow, but rides a m109r, a fjr1300 and just bought a Ducati 1098 (she sold a gsxr1000 to get this bike).

None of these people would consider that Spyder as a replacement for a bike. None of them would accept a trike as being good enough.

JohnS A Dragon Ascending "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"