Re: [St] Beemer out

i wandered around the cycle show Sunday with my son and
daughter-in-law, and after i got home, thought - geez, i didn't even
sit on the F800 beemer. it didn't dawn on me there wasn't even a
booth. after all the discussion about the automated CANBUS technology
on the beemer 800 twins, i was really put off about wandering off in
the boonies with one. fuel injection is iffy enough; add central
control of lots of extra functions, safety interlocks, proprietary
battery chargers...i'll refurbish the old TR6C and get some fresh
Trials Universals.

i did stop by the RPM cycles booth and harangue the sales rep about
wanting a serious 675 Tiger. European-accented guy, nice fella, knew
what i was talking about.

the D-i-L sat on a Vespa. cute. but for the money you can get lots of
good used real bikes, and she's not likely to commute downtown on two
wheels anyway [that seems high-risk to me, and i've zipped around DFW
in rush hour a fair amount].

papydawg