Re: [St] Riding boots

I am on my second pair of Oxtars and both have been totally waterproof, I know because I have waded in them for extended periods...Sometimes you just have to stop and fish...

--- On Mon, 11/24/08, ScottS <06STABS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: ScottS <06STABS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [St] Riding boots
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 8:16 PM

Bil,

They tell you in the Aerostich catalog that the boots are waterproof
within reason - you shouldn't expect them to keep you dry if you stand
in a 4" puddle for a half hour.  (My rubber muck boots will do that but
aren't very stylish or protective on the bike.)

I live in the Seattle area where rain is sometimes a problem.  I have
never had my feet get wet despite some really torrential rains or
prolonged periods of light rain (days in many cases).

I really like the boots and would buy them again if I needed to but the
ones I have are not showing any signs of age.  Well, the bottoms are
getting a little worn down but Aerostich will sell you the bottoms so
you can have them repaired at your local shoe repair shop and thus avoid
breaking in the uppers again.

I hope that helps.

-Scott