Re: [St] Hmm... toasty! ...and battery woes

Eoin,

Even with the short distances you're commuting I would expect everything to be fine using dipped lights and the heated grips.
High beams and the PIAA flamethrowers would certianly cause issues as you say.

I can only suspect that it's a combination of the cold weather and an aging battery (FI bikes are fussy about batteries) and occasional use of the spots in city traffic. My suggestion would be one of these http://www.odysseyfactory.com/ if they're available for the Trumpet.

HTH,
Howlin'