Re: [St] New GPS

I bought my 550 "Buy it Now" from Broadway last year at $675. No
problems.

The Bluetooth function works well to connect the phone to the bike
wirelessly. I used it that way a couple times in Europe and it worked
"ok". Set up like this: Phone Bluetooth connected to the 550, 550 wired
(both the earphone and mic jacks) to the AutoCom (Easy Rider Plus) to
the helmet. Set up VOX, it works OK, but I had to run the Vox threshold
high enough I had to essentially shout into the mic to trigger the vox
and be heard on the other end.
I like seeing the caller ID on the 550. I never did use the system while
moving, but I did return a couple of calls at "photo op" stops that were
too short to take the helmet off and dig out the phone.

I like the feature, and the extra $cratch was worth it to me.
And the monaural music available sucks.
If you want stereo tunes, wait for the next generation.

I also use the Bluetooth quite a bit in the car. It hooks up nicely to
my Motorola headset and the caller ID features come in handy there too.

Mike
'06 ST
Seattle