Re: [St] clutch troubles..

Brian,

From what I see on the workshop manual, which seems to be common
to pretty much all bike wet clutch is:

The steel plates and friction plates and old in contact thanks to the pressing plate the pressing springs. A pulling rod allows the clutch lever in the clutch cover to pull the pressing plate and release the friction plates (disengage). The pulling rode is concentric to the pressing plate.
I can imagine that when one put back the cover, there is some attention needed to engage the lever mechanism in the end of the pulling rod.

Nevertheless, a test would be possibly performed w/o the cover just pulling the rod, in a first place to see first if everything is OK on this side and if you can disengage. I imagine that some sort of lever will be necessary.

Afterward, carefully check the lever part inside the cover that hooks the pulling rod. Isn't it broken or bent? Then check for cracks in the cover itself.

Do you own the workshop manual?

Fred

no debris of any sort...everything is pretty clean. nothing appears to be broken at all! HELP!!! really don't want to take it to dealer!!