Re: [St] Road debris

I managed to hit a giant wasp or bee going through Beartooth Pass at the end
of June.  I'm glad I was wearing a jacket (for the initial impact anyway).
After the big thump of the insect into my chest I thought ..  "man, sucks to
be that bee".

Then I got stung on my inner thigh.  I did a crazy dance while standing up
on the bike.  After that I pulled over quickly and dropped my pants on the
side of the road.  I'm sure the passersby were wondering what the heck I was
doing with my jeans around my ankles.  Luckily, no stinger.  It was a good
two weeks before that rash went away and it itched like crazy while riding.

--Jeremy

>I guess I have been lucky - I only seem to hit those giant bugs - the ones
that are like >hamburgers with wings or the big beetles that are like rocks
with wings.  And there >was the wasp that managed to enter the .25 inch gap
in my riding suit and become >(understandably) upset.  That last one
resulted in the "Roadside Crazy Strip Dance" >much to the amusement of my
riding buddy.

>-Scott
>06 STB ABS - Blue (but dirty at the moment, not the least of which are the
remains of >hamburgers with wings.)