Re: [St] Road debris

At 10:26 AM 9/11/2008, you wrote:
So, chime in.  I'm interested to hear your experiences.  Karl Clark's
message from a few month's back is coming to mind...

David

Three years ago this December.
I had gone about 20 miles to an evening Karate seminar. Got out about ten, was riding home on I95 in Philadelphia. Was taking the double deck bridge just above the airport north. I got passed by this pickup with an overloaded bed full of quarter slip firewood.
He swerved into the middle lane (Which I was evacuating when he did), and the top three or four teirs of wood fell off the truck.
One 28 inch, 5 inch radius section of log hit my left leg, square on the shin guard of my boot. Some how I managed not to go down, stopping on the other side of the bridge by the navy yard. My leg was numb and I was sure that I was about to discover it broken, but that was not what I found.
Police were called and a man was killed in a car, but I got home okay.

The guard was replaced by Sidi at no cost and the leg 'only' had severe bruising.
I hate to think what would have happened if I had not been wearing my gear that night.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"