Re: [St] UK Reg, MSVA, and Maximum Road Speed

On 26 Sep 2008, at 15:53, Peter Chittum wrote:

Shouldn't you be able to take all of that and come up with a theoretical maximum speed? Can anyone with decent math skills and data come up with a reasonable max speed I could put down? If I have to I'll wait until Monday and call Triumph again, but they won't process my application until I provide this.

If you just want a number, how about just pulling one from a road-test for the ST? It is the kind of thing they put into the 'info' boxes on most such tests.

Here is a link to the data reported in Motor Cycle News which gives the top speed at 149mph http://www.mcnews.com/mcnews/articles/TestBike-Index2-2001.pdf
The 1050 ST apparently does 161mph (http://www.visordown.com/articles/view/road_test_triumph_sprint_st/4535.html ).

HTH

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183. Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/