From: Dan Wetherington <dnlwthrn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [St] UK Reg, MSVA, and Maximum Road Speed
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 12:12 PM

Peter,
For the "theoretical" top speed, yes you could calculate based on
gear
ratio, final drive ratio (sprocket ratio) and wheel circumference.
However, you're going to run into a brick wall before you get there.
The aerodynamic efficiency of the bike and rider will prevent you from
being able to spin the engine all the way up to redline in top gear
(I've not tried this, but there's no way the bike could do it).  So I
would take the 149mph number and go with it (which you already have)...

BTW, I just found an interesting spreadsheet on the Triumphnet.com
website...  Its located on the following page:
http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/perform/performance.htm#_Toc506177207

It listed a top speed (on the dyno) of 250km/hr at 9,600rpm.

Dan