RE: New subscriber

I try to introduce myself.

I'm driving motorbikes for almost 25 years now, and I enjoy it more
and more. In the past I used to drive some Japanese bikes (a Yamaha 750
and a GoldWing) while some friends of mine had a Triumph (The old
Bonneville's and Trident's)
I was never jealouse because they seem to me oil leaking and very noisy.
Someday that changed when I saw the Laverda Jota, an Italian bike which was
concurrent for the 900 Honda. It had Brembo brakes, almost 100hp, and
especially
character. The only bike Triumph was selling at that time was the Bonneville
750.
So I bought the Jota. Driving that bike I realised why my friends drove
their Triumph's,
for their unique character.

The next step in my motorcycle life was the reintroduction of the Triumph
motorbikes
from the Hinckley factory. I had the opportunity to drive one of the first
Daytona's, the 1000cc
four cilinder. The motor felt OK but the driving position was far from
comfortable. So I waited
a few Years till the introduction of the Sprint. A friend of mine bought one
in '94 and found
it an excellent bike. In '96 I decided to buy me a new bike. Since Laverda
didn't made
any touring bikes anymore I went to Triumph. I bought me a Sprint and I must
say it is
quite a good bike. A little top heavy but very comfortable. Never had any
problems with it.

And then after three Year, Triumph invented a new motorbike the Sprint ST.
The dealer
had a new Sprint ST for test riding. It was brandnew (800km) when I tried it
out, I had it
for almost two day's. It was amazing, it's just the best bike I ever drove.
So after 3 Years
and more the 61000km on my old Sprint I decided to buy me the ST. I was very
lucky,
I ordered it on tuesday and I ran with it the same week on saturday. I have
it for almost
two weeks now and did already more then 1900km with it. It's fabulous, I
enjoy every
meter on it. The driving position is ideal even for me, I'm 1.87m and weight
is 110kg.
The position of the duo passenger is very good, no complaints so far.

Sorry It's not a short post, it's more a story of my life as biker.
I have a website somewhere but didn't had time to make updates, always on
the
way with my bike.

Greetings, Marc the bike.

Marc de Vries