Mirrors and clutch lever

	I reported back in January about the mirror shake. Fifteen hundred
miles later I still have the mirror shake above sixty miles per hour in
some cases. It all depends on the relative wind direction in relation to
your angle of attack. About forty five degrees to either front side
seems to be the worst. I think that maybe the new subscriber was
referring to the complete upper and outer fairing/windscreen area as
shaking. When the mirrors look like Tina Turner you can reach up and
grab the area furthest from the front of the fairing where the
windscreen meets the fairing at the back and hold it with finger and
thumb and the mirrors are steady. In my opinion there needs to be some
internal bracing between the fairing/windscreen/inner fairing from the
front to the back. I though of an external wire/brace but they all seem
to interfere with the top tank area or the gauges. I also noticed when I
returned for my 500 mile service that the new ST on the floor had an
upper windscreen top trim piece. Mine didn't and when I asked Tony about
it he hadn't even noticed. He guessed it wasn't shipped with the bike,
etc. I am now wondering if something as simple as that could help
eliminate the mirror shake and be the difference between those of us who
have shake and those who don't? Any feedback on this. My trim and
centerstand are now in but I haven't picked them up, RAIN.
	I also wanted the clutch swiveled down at a straight angle with my
wrist but the clutch safety switch hits the bar mounts and limits
downward movement. I though about removing the interlock to lower the
angle, NOT! I though about notching the bar mount, NOT! I think that
after the HeliBars or GenMar risers are available that will eliminate my
need to lower the clutch angle.
	Super bike, we need to think about an annual gathering?
- --
"Off to see the Lizard"

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
'99 Triumph Sprint ST