Mirrors & Insurance

>Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:23:49 -0600
>From: "rhead" <mchead@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Mileage
>
> Hello everyone. I just got back from a short ride(250). I now have 1200
>miles on the clock. I know some people have more mileage than this. I
>would be interested in hearing about the mileage on other peoples bikes.
> I am somewhat frustrated about the mirrors although they are about the
>same as my Trophy was. I would agree with Jack that they can vary. The only
>time they are consistant is over 100mph. Then they are useless.

Have to agree on the above 100mph problem with the mirrors. On our ST
they seem to be ok on smooth roads until you go over 100, then the whole
top half of the fairing starts to vibrate, which causes the mirrors to vibrate
at a higher frequency. Oh well, I guess at that speed you don't want to know
if there is flashing lights behind you :).

> Has anyone seen top speed yet?

My wife has reported that she was unable to get the bike to read over 150 on
the speedo, must be time for the carbon pipe and re-tune.

> My dealer here in Dallas told me they were waiting on parts for the fuel
>guage. Has anyone been told this?
> Ride Safe
> Robert

Our dealer has the sending unit on order, and hopefully has contacted the US
Warranty dept as I have ask him to do.

>Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 16:24:20 -0600
>From: Richard & Lisa White <RedRiders@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Mirrors, Brake Light & Insurance
>

>Also, for you Texas riders, we just had a quote from Progressive for
>insurance for $1500 for the Exec and the ST in Harris County.  It goes
>down to $1330 with an AMA membership, which we promptly got.  We were
>initially told it would be around $1100 for the two bikes.  I know we
>had this thread before, but I don't know how many Texas riders
>responded.  Our agent thinks that Progressive just reclassified both the
>Exec. and the ST.  Any ideas?

Ouch!!! That seems a bit steep. Here in the backwoods(ie. small mountain
community) of Colorado, full coverage of our ST is under $200, including
rider education and fair weather rider discount, the later assumes you don't
ride when you are snowed in like we currently are.

Sas..

"What are you looking at?" Gypsy's coffin, Masters of Menace
Those who would give up personal freedom for temporary safety,
deserve neither! B. Franklin
These are my opinions, use at your own risk. mbellor(at)mindspring(dot)com
'99 SprintST  AH#72  DOD #491  ICQ #17746854