Re: Single Sided swingarm and helmet locks

At 01:22 PM 03/30/1999 -0800, bob M wrote:
>Sprint concept. Does a single sided swing arm really add more weight to
>the bike overall? Isn't it just as much as having the double sided arm,

yes the singles typically will weigh more - its a much larger piece than
would be required with support on both sides.

>Very compact and maintenance free. Also, has anyone heard of a fix for
>the oversight of the ST having no helmet hooks? Seems that someone in
>our group had an idea and then silence on the subject. Even the Trophy
>has minimalist hooks under the lockable seat.

Following the logic of the T5 designers, it was decided that ST owners
would have no need to lock their helmets. I remember after buying the 509,
I made a call to the dealer to ask where I could lock the helmet - didn't
get an answer...

I miss the helmet hooks that were provided on the old Sprint - I have no
idea why they didn't carry it over.

But rest assured, John King of Skyking Products is currently working on the
solution. He has joined the list and will let us know how the project
progresses.

John's products for the T5 series have been top notch (I already added his
hub cover to the ST - very sharp). If anyone has ideas of an add-on or
replacement product for the ST, please let John know.

- - Eric

My clock just popped from 2am to 3 am - daylight savings time really sucks.
Now I have to be up in three hours :-(