Re: Windshield vibration

> > Are your mirrors always rock solid?
>
> My windshield does flex a little, but not enough to make the mirrors
> unusable.
> - Eric

I noticed that the fairing is very flexible at the rear edge of the
windscreen and this does seem to cause the mirrors to vibrate to some
extent, this is especially noticeable when the road is not very smooth (most
of the time in PA). When I had the screen off this morning I did notice that
the inner black plastic cover lends some strength to the whole assembly but
it seems like some sort of brace could be added inside of the assembly that
would steady things down some. I might look into coming up with something on
mine once I get the manual and feel more comfortable taking off the
bodywork. I was going to install the heated grips this morning but did not
complete the job. Got all of the retainers I could find off the upper
fairing and still seemed to be missing something so I put it back together
rather than risk breaking something because I missed a fastener.

Paul

End of st-digest V1999 #30