Re: Panniers, fuel gauges, and a company that couldn't find the horsethey rode i

stump wrote:
>Rick, Your sounding like me. I almost bought back my VTR over this Whole
>Pipe/tune, no Luggage Rack (yet), and the bags are at the dealer but
>without the blankety blank hinges. That's right panniers arrived two
>weeks ago without the hinges. Now my son isn't getting the spring
>vacation we planned on. Rather Sucks aye ol chap? I called georgia the
>other day and talked to Shaun, then Liza etc.  The ONLY THING THAT IS
>KEEPING THIS THING FROM GOING BACK. Is it just rails, confidence
>inspiring in the corners. Just a fabulous carver. But I am getting
>really tired of soft luggage and it is tearing up my paint. You know no
>matter how hard you try it is going to leave marks. Maybe triumph would
>be interested in paying for a paint job? I'll end this before I get to
>whipped up. Regards Steve.

Rick and Steve,

Sorry to hear about the problems that both of you are experiencing. I could
say that I have been completely satisfied with Triumph parts and the
delivery thereof, but I would be telling an untruth. I have not been
impressed with Leeza's performance at all. I have heard that she is
overwhelmed and / or overworked. If either is that case, then Triumph needs
to spend the money and hire extra people in the department. She has flat
out lied to both myself and my dealer about parts deliveries - saying they
were on the way when in fact they were not even in the county. This in my
book is completely unacceptable and hopefully the situation will be
rectified in the future. I know that Triumph has instituted an on line
ordering system which my dealer loves - so hopefully as that system gets
used more, Leeza will be freed up to concentrate on doing her job instead
of taking telephone orders for dealers.

And hopefully both of you will receive your bags (with all of the pieces)
in the near future.

But remember that it is not just Triumph that experiences these problems. I
ordered a new part for my Harley in January of 96 - dealer took a full
deposit on the part (around $200US). I would check every week and always
get the same response - nope not in yet. Of course along the way, I got
many explanations of the problem from QC failure, to bad plating, bad
welding, shipping strike, patent infringement, electronics failure, etc. It
was so far behind (and the stories getting so wild), that it was dropped
from the 97 catalog without explanation (of course my dealer still had my
money...). Finally about 6 months later (over 1 year of waiting!) the
advance dealer part arrived - they were so happy that they drove the part
to my house to present it! Just goes to show that everyone seems to have
problems from time to time.

Again, sorry to hear of all the problems - hopefully the Triumph fairy will
have pity on you two and rectify the situation.

- - Eric