RE: Panniers and other stuff

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Richard & Lisa White wrote:

> ST vs. Katana.  We traded the ST for my brothers '98 Katana 750 for a
> very brief ride.  Basically, the Katana behaves as I image the VFR does
> - smooth but no torque.  I expect the Honda to be even more refined in
> its feel - BLAH!!

I went from the VFR 8 to the ST and I think they are both wonderful
machines.  I guess the fact that the VFR was replaced by an ST shows a
lot.  But, the Honda was a great machine if you rode it a gear down from
where you'd ride the sprint.  2-up was another story as the torque is more
of a factor.  In short, if you ride in "race mode" (high revs, on the boil
most of the time) the VFR is a sweet machine.  Very smooth, very refined -
but it's not an ST ;-)

> Kind of like comparing a hopped up Honda Prelude to a  5.0 Mustang

I drive a Vtec Prelude when I'm not on the Sprint so I think I'll just
shut up now ......

Bambi