Re: New Subscriber

Welcome Craigus,

>I started looking last year and was initially interested in the Triumph
>Tiger.  Rented one for a week last year while back in NZ and toured the
>South Island on it.  Had an excellent time but couldn't really work out the

With John Fitz's group ? This is on my short list of future trips. If you
don't mind could you post your experiences on the trip?

>Enter the Sprint ST.  Aimed at equalling, and if possible bettering, the
>already famous VFR - this bike looks like the business.  I suppose that that
>is why I joined this group - to see what real ST owners thought of their
>bikes.  How they see them in comparison with the VFR.  How they find the
>bike on long trips and the effect of travelling at speed with the side
>panniers bolted on.  To see if the niggles the critics have are real
>problems or just characteristics of the bike that pose no real problem.
>
>So, that's me and why I'm here.

Have only done a few hundred miles at a shot, but no complaints at all. Am
planning a few longer trips, so will keep you posted. The bags as far as I
can tell cause no (or very little) performance degradation - I've had it
running at speeds over 120 actual (130+ indicated) for 20-30 miles and even
with wind gusts etc have not found the handling to be any worse than with
the bags removed. Of course I think the official recommended limit with
bags on is 80mph, so that they can refuse liability if you do something
stupid .....

- - Eric