Re: New subscribers

> Welcome to new subscribers,
> st110093@xxxxxxxxx

Eric and all,

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm a Sprint ST future owner.
 Today at lunch time I took my first demo ride and WOW
was I impressed.  I really need one of these.

My current stable includes the following:

'89 Honda Hawk GT tricked out with F2 front wheel, VFR
rear wheel, high compression pistons, cams, HRC carb
kits and some other bits.  It is a blast to ride.

'93 Yamaha TDM 850 all stock and a nice bike but
nothing I can't live without.  In fact I have a buyer
picking it up this weekend.

'93 Honda ST1100 (now for sale) which I hope to
replace with the Sprint ST.  I have been waiting for
Honda to put the ST1100 on a diet and give it a new
makeover but after looking into the Sprint ST, I don't
have to wait any longer.  I have really gotten used to
the hard luggage and for me that is the only way to go
sport touring.  I don't want to mess with soft bags
and end with worn paint etc.  The Honda has 58,000
miles so I do a fair bit of riding and think something
with less weight and more power per pound would be
just what I need.

I like to do weekend trips and also like to take a two
or three week trip each summer.  This summer I am
planning to visit Nova Scotia and Nufoundland.

I live in the USA in Indiana near the small town of
Nashville.  I've been around for 51 years now so am an
official old phart but still like to ride and enjoy
life.

Live to ride, Ride to eat is a good motto.

Ride Safe,
Russ Johnson
st110093@xxxxxxxxx

P.S.  If anyone has input on what I should expect to
pay for the Sprint, I would appreciate it.  The two
dealers I have talked to so far are not too earer to
discount the bike.  I guess with all the good press, I
can't blame them.  However, one of these dealers was
selling the VFR 800 last year at $800 off list.  He
also claims the margin is much less for the Triumph
line.  Is this true?