Touring The South Island of New Zealand

>I started looking last year and was initially interested in the Triumph
>Tiger.  Rented one for a week last year while back in NZ and toured the
>South Island on it.  Had an excellent time but couldn't really work out the

With John Fitz's group ? This is on my short list of future trips. If you
don't mind could you post your experiences on the trip?

Sure was.  Not an organised trip, just rented the Tiger from Thunderbikes.
The South Island is an excellent place for Biking.  Great scenery, quiet
roads and plenty of friendly places to stay.  But my advice is to pick the
right season for it.  Did my trip in late August (winter), and struck snow
down in Queenstown.  Having said that though, that was just for the one day.
The highlight for me would have to be the trip from Invercargill, up through
Central Otago (Roxburgh, Alexandra, Cromwell) and over the Lindis Pass.
Awesome roads you just want to keep riding and even less traffic.  Just
excellent.  Two and a half thousand kilometers of enjoyment !

Craigus