Sprint Owner in New Zealand

After my first post about my number plate I thought I'd better do a proper
introduction.

I'm a thirty-something rider who has always owned Hondas. I did most of my
riding throughout the UK and some across Europe.

After a break from riding for a few years I purchased an as-new 97 (red) VFR
750 some eighteen months ago. Great machine, it was my equivalent of golf,
great therapy and able to get away from my cellphone!

I never had really any intention to change but I guess I was missing
something. When the first reviews came out on the Sprint I took one out for
demo and was very impressed but still not convinced enough to pay the rather
large cash difference.

The dealer was to get hold of a red Sprint with panniers for me to try out.
After a few weeks of waiting, with calls each week, I then heard that he had
sold it to someone else the moment it arrived without calling me. It was
only then that I realised how keen I was.

I called Triumph NZ who found "the other" red Sprint available and that
dealer brought it down in a van, some 700km, the following week. The VFR was
taken away along with a large chunk of my bank balance.

But no regrets. Have ridden some 500km so far, great riding position and
very popular with fellow riders. Plan to travel to Turangi, 800km, this
weekend with some friends but the weather looks lousy.

Seem to have some problems with the fuel gauge. Sticks at full for ages then
drops suddenly. Range before the warning light is about 350km but a fill up
is only 17 litres so I guess its good for at least another 60km or so before
running dry.

Can anyone tell me what the weight limit is for the panniers? Is it normal
for the metal tube leading from the clutch handle to be very pitted and
weather-beaten?

Will catch up with you again after my ride - winter is definitely coming.

Steve
Sky Consulting Ltd. Tel:+64 6 377 7399  Fax:+64 6 377 7366
  Information Systems Consultancy and Project Management
 227F Upper Plain Road, RD8, Masterton, 5921, New Zealand
  Steve Colebrooke Mobile:+64 25 840 854  ICQ UIN:807818
  Stephanie Young  Mobile:+64 25 840 853  ICQ UIN:859455
Emails skycon,spcole&skyoung are all @sky-consulting.co.nz