Re: Aftermarket pipes

> According to my dealer, the carbon pipe is the same as the aluminum pipe
> except for the outer shell. I assume that means that they use the same
tune.
> In any event, the prices I was quoted have the carbon fiber pipe at only
> $50.00 more.

That sounds like a pretty good price. I was quoted $269 for the stainless
and $399 for the carbon, that was enough to make up my mind. I am getting it
installed this Saturday and will report the findings of my admittedly
sensitive ears. I noticed that one of the water hoses on the left side is
resting on the front engine mount bolt, tried to move it up slightly. Has
anyone else noticed this problem?

I rode the Bandit to work today, I guess I'm going to HAVE to ride the
others once in a while. Boy it sure does handle like a truck, funny I never
noticed that before.

Paul & Delores Steinbacher
97 Buell M2 Cyclone (Red ?)
98 Suzuki Bandit S1200 (Red Thunder)