RE: Sprint ST wannbe.

At 05:16 PM 04/17/1999 +0100, Martin wrote:
>I've just made a deal with my local dealer, Pxing my Suzuki TL1000S
> for a new ST and want to be sure that all the necessary mods are
>done before I collect it. What was the problem with the side stand and
> how can I determine if I've got the new parts? Also, what accessories
> are worth going for and what should I ignore?

Cool - what is the expected delivery date?

The problem is with the centerstand - not the sidestand. The new models
have two stops welded close to the stand where it mates with the frame. For
a picture go to the "99 Triumph Info" link at http://www.TriumphNet.com/st

>What colour did I go for? It had to be black after a lovely young (10 ish)
lady in the shop assured me that the black one looked "Meaner"

Well, you can't beat that for a recommendation....

>I think the problems have been well covered, erratic gas gauge, sidestand
recall, recall for case bolts, availability of optional accessories.

That about covers it - all in all the problems have been minor.

The joy and excitement felt when twisting the wick will soon make you
forget about all else though....

- - Eric