Re: Electrical System

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Richard & Lisa White wrote:

> Obviously, she's going to the shop the next time I get on her and I'll
> keep the list posted.  In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

I had a serious electrical fault about a week ago.  Rode her to work and
after parking I noticed that the dash lights were on - but I had the key
in my hand.  Further investigation showed that if I turned the bars, the
park light would come on and dim at various points in the turn.  Turning
the light's off on the dash made no impact on the little light on the
nose.

Took the main fuse out for the day and then rode her to a dealer that
afteroon.  Turned out that one of the wires in the bundle coming up to the
bars had worn through and was shorting all over the place.  They replace
that bit of wire and all is now OK again (touch wood).

Bambi