Re: Check your Routing & Electrical System Update

At 06:58 AM 4/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The ingtion wiring routing issue reminded me of something:
>
>The other day, while wheeling out an ST for a demo, I noticed a distinct
>lack of metal to metal contact with the steering  on full lock to the
>right. Taking a better look, I noticed Triumph has routed the front brake
>line in such a way that it gets pinched between the fork and the radiator
>mount. The problem with this should be self evident. I checked the rest of
>the ST's and they were all like that.  We simply rotated the brakeline
>forward  and cable-tied it in place.
>
>Please check your machine for this problem.

There may have been a running production change on this.  My ST has a
spring clip mounted on the end of the radiator mount through which the
brake line is routed.  This acts like a guide, and the brake line slides
through it.  This keeps it out of the way.  Do your bikes have this clip?
If not, maybe these are available to add-on.  Otherwise, I don't see the
problem; mine doesn't pinch.

On the ignition switch wiring routing, my ST is exactly as Richard White
describes,  with the clutch cable crunching the ignition switch leads
against the ignition switch bracket.  This bracket is plastic, but it has
a sharp lower edge which will cut through the insulation.  My immediate
fix is to cut the cable tie and pull the wiring harness out of that gap.
I may push it down below the constriction to get more slack, although
it looks fine now traveling above the constriction lock to lock.

I inspected the wiring harness atfer I pulled it out, and the bracket
had already cut through the sleeve of the harness, and I only have 300
miles on my bike, so I strongly suggest you go cut that wire tie!

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx

End of st-digest V1999 #48