Just bought a black ST!

Greetings from Sweden all you '99 ST'ers!

I just picked up my black ST last friday, April 16th, 1999. Tomorrow morning
it's back to the dealer for it's first service. The miles sure do fly by.

Man what a great bike! It's so smooth and so responsive. Okay, it's no
racer, but I wasn't looking for a real racer anyhow. I was lucky enough to
be able to test drive the ST before I bought it so I could see if it really
was like all the press it's been getting. My dealer borrowed a red ST from
the General Agent here in Sweden. It had just finished it's break-in. It was
like the press said. Torque from start to top. Very good brakes, comfortable
and smooth. It's a great combination of sport and touring. I've tried both
in the short time that I've had her. The only problem I have is trying to
find the right adjustments to the suspension so that solo and 2-up can use
the same settings.

There are a couple of things that have poped-up though ...

Have any of you heard about a problem with bolts loosening on or in the
motor? When I contacted the service people they said that, the factory said,
when it's time for the first service they are to change or retighten certain
bolts on or in the motor and use loctight on them so they won't vibrate
loose. There seems to be a vibration problem with certain bolts that can
eventually come loose. I don't have any bolts loose or missing. At least I
haven't heard or seen any missing. Have any of you heard about this?

One problem I do have is my fuel gauge. It seems to have a mind of it's own.
One minute it'll show 3/4 of a tank and the next, 1/2 or even 1/4! Even my 4
liter warning light turns on way to soon. I've filled her up twice as soon
as the light turned on and twice she only took 15 liters. I have 6 liters
left not 4.

Other than those two things she's such a great ride!

Signing off from Stockholm ...

Kyle Rocke

Kyle.Rocke@xxxxxxxxx