Re: Just bought a black ST!

> Have any of you heard about a problem with bolts loosening on or in the
> motor? When I contacted the service people they said that, the factory said,
> when it's time for the first service they are to change or retighten certain
> bolts on or in the motor and use loctight on them so they won't vibrate
> loose. There seems to be a vibration problem with certain bolts that can
> eventually come loose. I don't have any bolts loose or missing. At least I
> haven't heard or seen any missing. Have any of you heard about this?

According to Triumph, the crankcase bolts MUST be REPLACED with new bolts on
Triumphs between certain serial numbers.  The Recall notice sent out does offer
a temporary fix, but the problem on these Triumphs is with  the bolts.  The
latest notice (April 17) my dealer finally showed me said the bolts will be
available for distribution in the US by April 15.  So far my dealer hasn't
received mine and my crankcase started leaking yesterday.

Dan Wallander
Red ST