RE: Just bought a black ST!

Just search some information on this item,
this is copied from some previous mails on the list.

A recall has now been issued between the Vin No.s 076,793 - 084,542 (Last 6
digits of your chassis No.), to have the bolts replaced with the correct
specification, not all bikes will be affected in this range and the majority
of bikes will be fine.
The worse symptom if the bolts relax will be an oil weep from the bolt head.

This one was from Ross Clifford [Ross.Clifford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx],  looking
from the mail address it's from the Triumph companie.

Martin,

Basically if your bike falls into the Vin range then you should replace your
bolts, the re-torque was a temporary thing until the replacement bolts were
available. If you have the incorrect specification bolts and a dealer does
re-torque them we cannot guarantee that they won't relax (Slacken) in time.
At the end of the day the replacement of the bolts will not cost you
anything (All costs are covered by time), it will only cost you your time in
taking the bike in to your dealer and this we truly apologise for here. My
advice would be get the bolts replaced ASAP for you own peace of mind.

Just a quick note to any of you that are having problems with your fuel
gauge (Dropping suddenly), we have been looking investigating this issue
with the suppler and have had various parts on test during the past months,
we think we have a fix on this one but I cannot confirm this with you until
tests are completed. I'll keep you posted.

Ross

Marc de Vries
Siemens Atea
Tel +32 (014) 253949