Ride for Kids - Houston

 I just got home from the Houston Ride for Kids.  It was well attended by
the Gold Wing set.  Only one other Triumph besides mine, and it was an older
T-bird.  Where were you guys?  The ride was fun as the police blocked all
intersections and stopped all oncoming traffic for the 3 mile long chain of
bikes and the 40+ mile ride up to Conroe via US 59 and some back roads.
Lots of people standing in their yards to watch and lots of kids waiving and
smiling.
  Over $96,000 was raised to help fight pediatric brain tumors through
research, equipment and  information dissemination.  There were four kids
that were there that told us thanks for helping them as they were fighting
Cancer, and one girl who had a brain tumor at age 12 and is now 17 with no
significant recurrence.  I had to walk outside when the kids came on as this
hit too close to home for me; I lost my son when he was seven years old to
brain cancer.
  A few doctors came and told us what they are doing and Lyle Lovett was
there to help get the interest up.  Yes he was riding with some Ducati guys.
The food was good and the day was heart warming.  I had a good solo ride
home through the national forest to reflect.  The Triumph ST was, of course,
perfect.
  Sorry for the non ST bandwidth, but if you have a chance to do this, raise
a bunch of money and go, you will have a good time.

James Lock