Bolt Recall

Howdy. I went to the AMA races at Sears Point this past weekend. I spent
most of the weekend helping out the Triumph people coordinate the demo
rides. Very cool. (I rode the new Tiger and the T-Bird Sport - I want both!).

Anyway, I spoke with Shell Barr (Recall Coordinator and Triumph Service
Manager Extraoridnare) and I got the skinny on the recall. In a nutshell,
the bolts MUST be replaced (as if you didn't already know). The retorque is
ONLY for bolts that are already leaking while the new bolts are on order.

Yes, the new bolts must be ordered. They will not be sent to the dealers
directly. So, all you ST owners within the "chosen" VIN range, call your
dealer and tell them to order the new bolts. Get your bike down to the shop
and have 'em replaced the minute they come in.

This recall is really a no-brainer. If your dealer is telling you
otherwise, have them call Triumph America.

- --David

David Ben-Jamin
Program Manager, Publishing Tools and Technologies
Cisco Systems, Inc.  .:|:..:|:.
(408) 527-9818    mailto:dbenjami@xxxxxxxxx