Weekend Ride & Gear

Well, Richard & I put around 700 miles on the STs this weekend, even in
100 degree weather!  On Friday, Richard's Vanson perfed jacket arrived
at my office (mine arrived on Thursday), so we did a 250 mile round trip
on the bikes to go get it in Lufkin.  On Saturday, we left to visit
friends in New Braunfels, on the edge of the Texas Hill Country.
Because we stopped at a bike shop on the Southwest side of town to pick
up some Sidi On Road boots, we had to endure some straight roads before
we hit the twisties in the Shiner, Texas area (yes, the home of that
wonderful Bock beer).  On the way back, we went via some good roads to
San Marcos and then again around New Ulm.  All in all, a great weekend.
The heat didn't bother us that much, and the Vanson jackets were worth
every penny we paid for them!!!  I can't wait to try the perfed pants we
have ordered. We did get everything in the color of "battleship gray"
(matches the silver in the "Sprint ST" decal fairly well), instead of
the "heat me up" black.  I recommend the Vanson perfed jackets to anyone
looking for protection in the heat of the summer.  The Sidi boots also
work very well, though they are a bit hot in the summer.  I hope they
keep my feet half as warm in the winter!

Lisa & Richard White
1999 Sprint ST (x2)