Re: Hello world

Eric,

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for putting together a great website!

> Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:15:12 -0400
> From: Eric <SprintST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Hello world
>

> Welcome Mort,
>
> There are several here that have first hand experience with both. I'm sure
>
> you'll hear from them.
	That's good.  I'm considering the VFR to try and remain objective.
So far it hasn't worked.  I'm going to demo a VFR soon, but its looks leave
me flat, so unless it far out-performs the Sprint......

>  >microchips, fuel-injection or other new-fangled gizmos.  Well all those
>  >ideas got tossed out the window a couple of weeks ago when I got a demo
> ride
>  >on a Sprint ST.  What an awesome bike.  Suddenly all that new-fangled
> stuff
>
> ohhh, I'm sorry you didn't join the list earlier. You would have know that
>
> I always tell people not to test ride the ST. Once you do, it will be all
> you think about until you get one safely in your garage  ;-)

	Sounds like me.  I was not even thinking about buying a new bike,
especially not a "sport bike".  Just wanted to see what the fuss was about.
Now the wallpaper on my home and office computer is... you guessed it ....I
got snapshots of the Sprint I demo'd in my cubicle....  I've subscribed to
this Net mailing list of ST nuts (er, enthusiasts)....

>  >I bought my wife a Legend last Christmas.  She loves it.  And now she's
>  >totally in favor of me getting a new bike!
> Sounds like a plan, but I'm not sure I could afford the Legend. Any
> suggestions for those of us on a budget ? ;-)

	I ain't exactly Mr. Gotbucks myself, but its a matter of priorities.
If you don't subscribe to all the middle-class consumer bulls--t, (2 SUVs,
color TV in every room, home-theater, designer furniture, etc, etc), a
Legend, at around $7G's - financed of course -  is very affordable.  And its
done wonders for our marriage. :-)

	Mort