Re: Bags

>>If there not here in the next couple of weeks I'm going to have to buy
some Chase Happer saddle bags. Has anybody used these instead of the hard
bags, did they work ok? Other then that everthing else is
great, the bike works well and we're looking foward to our trip.<<

I had the same problem getting bags in time for a trip I took in April.
Wouldn't you know it, the bags came in while I was on my trip. Instead, I
used the CH soft bags and a CH bag I stuck on the back of the seat. Worked
fine. Take care to put something down over the seat and around the
fiberglass rear panels. If you don't, the bags will damage the paint, no
matter how securely you tie the bags down. BTW, I know it's aggravating,
but the hard bags are worth the wait.

You might also try on Tuesday (i.e., closed Monday), OC Triumph @
714-429-9200. They might have a set they can send you.

MR

End of st-digest V1999 #161