Fuel Line Warning

A very good friend of mine who bought his 955i on the same day as I got me
ST, broke down after 2 weeks with this exact problem!

I was travelling behind him and suddenly all I could smell was petrol, then
I noticed fuel pouring from the back of his bike and over the rear tyre!.
His engine then died and we pulled over to see the entire contents of his
fuel tank empty all over the road.

It was a good job that UK Triumph's come with 12 months RAC recovery, one
telephone call and 9 minutes (YEP 9 MINUTES!) later the breakdown guy
arrived, striped the tank off, replaced the burst fuel line, and off we went
again.

This could look like another Triumph Virus!

I even took some pictures of the event, they can been seen at
www.rigsville.demon.co.uk and click on assorted pictures.

My friend was not a happy bunny.  The dealer says it's the first he's seen
(like he wouldn't say anything else?) so add this to the list of things to
check !

Has any one (Eric?) made a list of known problems with the ST? maybe add
them to the FAQ?

Rig
www.rigsville.demon.co.uk