Re: Vent line Warning

At 09:20 AM 08/01/1999 -0700, Gary Slabaugh wrote:
 >And while you are in there, you might want to have a look at the small
 >one way check valve in the tank vent hose.  Mine was installed backwards
 >and completely blocking the tank vent.  Could this have been causing
 >some of my fuel gauge problems?   I did notice previously that sometimes

Thanks Gary - this came up earlier on the list, as a cause of non-starting
after the bike had been run for a while. With the rollover valve upside
down the tank pressure cannot equalize as the fuel is drained from the
tank. Correcting (removing) my valve took care of the stalling, but my
gauge is as flaky as ever.

- - Eric

BTW - I added this to the new owner FAQ's