Re: Gen_Mar, Throttlemeister, HeatedGrips

At 11:29 AM 08/02/1999 -0700, Paul Master wrote:
 >I am now considering all of the subject line. Do you have a recommendation
 >in the order in which they should be performed? I have the heated grip kit
 >from Triumph, but started thinking there may be a good way versus a bad way
 >(ie having to redo things) in getting this all accomplished. Frinstance,
 >putting new grips on the bars, then having to remove them would not be the
 >preferred method.

Well, in ease of installation order, 1)ThrottleMeister 2)Gen_Mar 3) Heated
Grips - although the order of 2 and 3 can be disputed.

The ThrottleMeister just bolts on, so install is a piece of cake.

The GenMar risers require a brake line change and in my case a rerouting of
the clutch cable.

The Heated Grips require cutting a hole in the fairing or cockpit assembly
for the switch as well as removing the side panels and cockpit assembly to
do the wiring.

They really can be done in any order. The GenMar kit is a set of risers -
not new bars - so nothing to worry about there. If it was colder outside I
would say go with the heated grips - otherwise I would say get the GenMars
for you and your wife's comfort.

HTH

- - Eric