Re[2]: bags

At 12:42 PM 08/03/1999 +0100, Martin Fay wrote:
 >     I've just been talking with my local Triumph dealer, who also happens
 >     to be the Irish Triumph Importer, about my 2 bag setup. His slant is
 >     that, not only did Triumph underestimate take up on the luggage by ST
 >     owners (80%) but they are having quality control issues with paint
 >     bonding to the boxes. Apparently a large proportion of the boxes are
 >     being rejected by Triumph due to poor paint quality. Hence the large
 >     backlog.
 >     DISCLAIMER: My dealer may be full of shit!

Well, anything is possible, but it seems unlikely as Acerbis has been the
manufacturer of the bags for years (Trophy, Executive etc) so I find it
hard to believe that all of a sudden they are having a big enough problem
to create a supply problem with Triumph. I could see a batch with a paint
quality problem, but doubt that it would be a continuing thing.

I would be really interested to see what Triumph estimated sales to be -  I
am guessing that they forecast around 3 in 10, where the actual numbers are
closer to 6 in 10. On 4000 ST's that would be a difference of 1200 bags -
not an easy number to catch up on.

Again, all this is pure speculation - I may be full of shit ......

- - Eric