cheers
Jonathan
ps. I have about 4000km on them and the had 6.5mm rear tread original. I estimate it is still around 4mm.

>>> "Archer, Doug" <DArcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/08/99 06:16:33 >>>

Have you considered the Pirelli Dragon GTS?  They are between the
D207 & D205 in stickiness, and should get 10 to 12 thousand KM's
Very progressive feel and controlable slide.
Highly recommend them.

Doug.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Richard & Lisa White [mailto:RedRiders@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 1999 1:50 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; triumph-digest@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tires ... Again

I hate to bring tires up again, ... but ...

Lisa has around 5500 miles on her BT57s now and since we are doing some
heavy traveling over the next 2 months (arkansas then Colorado and
Utah), we will need to change out the tires.  I have no experience with
todays tire technology other than the BT57s and would like to know what
others have put on their STs to date.  I retained the last 20 or so
e-mails and reviewed them, but believe a few more people have likely
changed their tires since the last tire postings.

Though I would like the D207s, I am considering the D205s for their
longer road life with little sacrafice of stickiness.  The Azaros sound
good, but I think they are a little pricey.  Maybe the Michelin
Macadams?  ... Too many choices.

The front still looks in good shape, so it would definitely be cheapest
to change out the rear only and stay with the BT57 to keep matching
tread/manufacturer at least until the next set, but ... any comments
here you want to share?

Also, it seems bad form to buy tires over the net, then have my dealer
put them on (I even heard them grumble when someone else did this
recently). What are people's recommendations here - pay the higher price
my dealer wants but maintain the reasonable relationship, or?

Has anyone mentioned oil lately?

Richard and Lisa White
'99 Sprint ST (x2)