Tires and Headlamps

     Yesterday morning I discovered a sheet metal screw dead-center through
     the middle of my rear tire.  As it was still holding air, rode to my
     local dealer for repair/replacement.  They would not patch it and did
     not have a BT57 in stock, so they replaced it with a BT56.  The
     original tire only had 900 miles on it (bummer!) so I had them save it
     for me and will consider patching it.  My questions are, 1) is it
     worth patching? Safe to use, reliable? 2) any problem with mixing
     compounds, i.e. BT57 up front, BT56 in back?  I also was riding with a
     friend who uses PIAA headlamp bulbs and was amazed by how well they
     illuminate the road.  Have any of you used these on your ST's and if
     so, are you happy with them?  One additional item, installed the
     GenMar risers, and it definetly makes a difference in comfort.  Thanks
     to all those who sugessted them!

     regards,

     Evan Taylor

     '99 Red Sprint ST  (El Diablo Rojo!)