Re: Intercom

>At 11:44 AM 07/31/1999 -0500, dan & ann curcio wrote:
> >I am going to go one step further and ask if anyone out there knows of a
>system
> >that allows you to talk to someone on another bike?  (Now the heads are
>really
> >shaking)  I am interested in this because my wife is learning to ride and
> >feel
> >totally helpless when riding my ST in traffic behind her and she is
becoming
> >nervous because she can't see me.  It would also be nice to talk to her
about
> >riding techniques while moving instead of having to scream at her through
an
> >open visor at the next intersection after the fact.  I would appreciate
any
> >input.
>
>Dan,

Hey everyone. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I had to make a
quick trip to Houston for work. the info from Auto was waiting for me when I
got back. The Autocom equipment is sold by a distributo in New York called
TopGear. Their number is 888-851-GEAR. The info loks impressive and pricey
but they make no apologies for the expense. Looks like a full setup with
intercom, stereo input, and 2 sets of speaker/mics would run $700.00US. They
have noise cancelling and the top of the line is capable of operating at
165mph with ear plugs. I'll have to wait for Santa to get mine so if anyone
gets their stuff drop a line and tell us how it works.
Dennis