Re: Tires ... Again

- -

>I hate to bring tires up again, ... but ...
>
>Lisa has around 5500 miles on her BT57s now and since we are doing some
>heavy traveling over the next 2 months (arkansas then Colorado and
>Utah), we will need to change out the tires.  I have no experience with
>todays tire technology other than the BT57s and would like to know what
>others have put on their STs to date.  I retained the last 20 or so
>e-mails and reviewed them, but believe a few more people have likely
>changed their tires since the last tire postings.
>
>Though I would like the D207s, I am considering the D205s for their
>longer road life with little sacrafice of stickiness.  The Azaros sound
>good, but I think they are a little pricey.  Maybe the Michelin
>Macadams?  ... Too many choices.
>
>The front still looks in good shape, so it would definitely be cheapest
>to change out the rear only and stay with the BT57 to keep matching
>tread/manufacturer at least until the next set, but ... any comments
>here you want to share?
>
>Also, it seems bad form to buy tires over the net, then have my dealer
>put them on (I even heard them grumble when someone else did this
>recently). What are people's recommendations here - pay the higher price
>my dealer wants but maintain the reasonable relationship, or?
>
>Has anyone mentioned oil lately?
>
>Richard and Lisa White
>'99 Sprint ST (x2)

I just put a 207 rear on and I love it. Put 300 miles on it and it was rock
steady. I got a call from my dealer today that the 207 front has come in. I
am going to see how they wear but I believe I'll wind up with a 205 on the
rear and a 207 on the front. I hope this will allow changing both tires at
about 4500 miles. I had 205's on my old Sprint and they worked great.
Dennis