RE: 5,500 on BT57's

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEDF57.FE8F4F8A

I managed to squeeze about 8300 miles out of my rear.  It was truly wasted
but no cords showing.  Replaced it with a Dunlop 205 or 07 which ever is
harder.  The front is close to being replaced but I haven't gotten to the
bump in the groove of the tread yet.  Probably replace it with the same type
Dunlop.  Anyone else wondering why we are getting so different a mileage out
of the same type of tire?
I am the epidimy of lead wrist, I had a nice square band in my rear at about
2500 miles.  I still managed 8300 miles on the tire with no ply being
exposed.  I read others are showing ply at 4500 miles.
I am wondering about the different model tires that are available for our
bikes as well.  Does Dunlop 205 equate to say bt56 for softness?  Dunlop 207
equates to maybe bt58?
I wonder about the quality of compound between batches of tire.  Does anyone
have any info other than sale literature on the methods of testing for specs
for moto tires?  Are they regulated by some standard, things of that nature.
One thing of note though, I really don't think it costs more than 20 bucks
or so to manufacture the tire.  So why are we paying 160 -180 bucks for
these guys?
Anybody know anybody who knows somebody so we can get some info?
This seems like the logical conclusion of the tire thread :-) .

Martin Retherford

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEDF57.FE8F4F8A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: 5,500 on BT57's</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I managed to squeeze about 8300 miles =
out of my rear.&nbsp; It was truly wasted but no cords showing.&nbsp; =
Replaced it with a Dunlop 205 or 07 which ever is harder.&nbsp; The =
front is close to being replaced but I haven't gotten to the bump in =
the groove of the tread yet.&nbsp; Probably replace it with the same =
type Dunlop.&nbsp; Anyone else wondering why we are getting so =
different a mileage out of the same type of tire?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am the epidimy of lead wrist, I had =
a nice square band in my rear at about 2500 miles.&nbsp; I still =
managed 8300 miles on the tire with no ply being exposed.&nbsp; I read =
others are showing ply at 4500 miles.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am wondering about the different =
model tires that are available for our bikes as well.&nbsp; Does Dunlop =
205 equate to say bt56 for softness?&nbsp; Dunlop 207 equates to maybe =
bt58?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I wonder about the quality of compound =
between batches of tire.&nbsp; Does anyone have any info other than =
sale literature on the methods of testing for specs for moto =
tires?&nbsp; Are they regulated by some standard, things of that =
nature.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">One thing of note though, I really =
don't think it costs more than 20 bucks or so to manufacture the =
tire.&nbsp; So why are we paying 160 -180 bucks for these =
guys?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Anybody know anybody who knows =
somebody so we can get some info?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This seems like the logical =
conclusion of the tire thread</FONT> <FONT FACE=3D"Wingdings" =
SIZE=3D2>J</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> .</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Martin Retherford</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEDF57.FE8F4F8A--