Re: bags: thanks to Lance

     Franz,

     I have the Oxford Sovereign Lifetime Luggage bags. (I think the style
     is called super-bike) They're actually sitting on the office floor
     here beside me in anticipation of a weekend trip to Cork. They're
     British made and I got them in Ireland so Germany should be no
     problem.

     Features include

     Heavy cordura fabric.
     Tapered to fit in with the raised exhaust.
     Expandable from big to ridiculously huge.
     Come with waterproof covers.
     Adjustable via Velcro straps.
     Have straps on the underside that loop around the passenger pegs to
     stop lifting.
     Interior stiffening panel, so that they retain their shape. This is
     removable for storage.
     Soft, non slip material on the back to stop them slipping.
     There are plenty of pockets, straps and bungee points for lashing on
     extras such as sleeping bags etc...

     Generally they're good quality for the money.
     I paid around £125 IRP about a year ago.

     I've run at 130MPH without the bags moving (thanks to those little
     straps on the underside). the only drawback is that they are quite
     long which restricts the foot room available for the pillion. It's no
     worse than the hard boxes however and the capacity is cavernous

     Regards
     Martin