Re: Tires ... Again

> Opinions are great, and I think we SHOULD share our respective
> points-of-view here, but they're not facts.  And I would object to the
> implied suggestion that anyone sliding a tire is riding too hard for the
> street.  I would counter by saying that's a dangerous
> over-simplification.  Let's wait until the results come in before we
> declare a position.  Whaddaya say?
>
> *****************
> Bruce McCurdy

Bruce,

Like I said in my original post, my $.02, everyone is entitled to their
opinion, (you and me included). My BT57s were worn to the very edge, first
day on the new set (MX90s) and they are a fraction of an inch from that, but
I have never experienced sliding tires, using modern tires; Last time I did
that on any consistent basis was using early 80's technology and really
thought better of it after a while, sliding tires can slide farther than
anticipated, or grab suddenly causing highsides. I learned this the hard way
years ago, but luckily, was on a race track and had an ambulance available
to scrape me up and transport me to the hospital. I think everyone has to go
their own way where this is concerned and only offer my opinion in hopes
someone won't pay a price that is too high, I've been scooped up from the
road a few times (not proud of it by the way), it hurts, but I like to think
I at least learned something each time. Anyone should feel free to think I'm
full of it as much as the next guy and I certainly wouldn't hold that
against them, like you said, opinions, not facts.

Paul