Re: Radar Detectors

What
>types of radar detectors do you guys like?  Price?  Where can I find
>them?  I'm having a time of it locating ones that can be used with the
>ear piece, other than the two Bells listed with Rider Wearhouse.  I know
>there are more options out there.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Lisa & Richard White
>'99 Red Sprint ST (x2)

Uh Oh,
You thought the pannier thread was long!
I run a Passport 5000 made by Escort. It has a LED display for the new
highway system warnings (emergency vehicle, construction, hazard) and an
earpiece mini jack output. OK volume by itself but great with a booser amp.
I believe Escort also makes a battery powered model. I think I paid about
$130.00 for mine about 2 years ago so they have probably come out with an
even better model by now. Hope this helps.
Dennis